Welcome to the Vivacious Cakes Blog!! Just here to spread some peace, love, and CAKE!!! Visit our official website today!!!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Events and off key topics...


This past week we were honored to join a great group of restaurants to help support the Wellness Community "Celebration of Life" event. The Wellness Community helps to provide residents of Monmouth and Ocean Counties with cancer education, support and most of all, hope.

Vivacious Cakes, LLC. donated over 300 assorted mini-cupcakes. The flavors included pumpkin minis with cream cheese icing, chocolate minis with vanilla or chocolate buttercream and vanilla minis with vanilla or chocolate buttercream.
Our table set up!!!

Many people were coming back to our table for 2nds and 3rds!! Before I knew it, all of the mini cupcakes were gone!!! I love the look on peoples face when then taste our cakes! The smiles and enjoyment is one of the best feelings that one could ever have!

It was one of the best experiences we had! We met with great people all around!

Being a part of this event really meant a lot to me. Cancer has affect my family as well as many others. Both of my parents were affected by cancer...

My Mom was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer about 25 years ago, and thank God, she is in Remission!!


Two years ago, my father succumbed the Bladder cancer. I miss him dearly! At times he was a quiet guy but most of the time he had an infectious laugh that cracked you up. There are days where I wonder if he would be proud of me and my caking adventures...I know he would be. I wish he was around to see some of my creations. When I have my moments of doubt in what I'm doing, I wish I had him there to listen to me and say "keep going, this is your dream, it's gonna be hard...it's tough out there." I wish that I had him here to give me pointers in constructing some designs that include using handy man tools! My dad was a great builder, may have taken him a while to figure out how to build a cabinet, but when he did it was awesome!!! Every day I wish he was here! When he came into the house he would sing an off key song that was just on the radio. I miss him so... A few weeks ago on the Grilled Cheesus episode of Glee, Kurt sang a song to his Dad that made me think of my dad, check it out below:


2 comments:

  1. Charity never tasted this good!

    Jolly good show, Melissa! I'm so excited that Vivacious Cakes is giving back to the community and contributing to such a worthy cause.

    Cake Crusaders: You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete