Welcome to the Vivacious Cakes Blog!! Just here to spread some peace, love, and CAKE!!! Visit our official website today!!!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vivacious Cakes: Stories Behind the Pictures Part 1

I know, I know, it's been a while since I've blogged!!! I do realize that to keep you guys engaged and enthralled with me I have to blog A LOT more than what I have. And for that I apologize... And now on with the show :)
July has been an ultra cool month! I got to create some cool cakes and even held a World Cup Cake Pop Competition!

To begin with I created a carnival themed 16th birthday cake! I really enjoyed making it, especially the popcorn!!
Of Course, the true test came when delivering the cake! For starters, it was pretty hot out!! Yeah yeah I know, it's summer! Of course it's going to be hot! But it felt like the surface of the sun! I had to cool off my car (obviously) before putting the cake in for delivery. I didn't have far to go, the location was maybe 15 minutes away, and boy was it the longest 15 minutes of my life!!!
I had to have another person sit in the back seat of the car and babysit the cake, for my own neurotic purposes. I always fear that something might go wrong with the cake! Everything was going fine until we hit the Garden State Parkway. I thought it would be faster to go that way for one exit than to take the bumpy back roads...I thought WRONG! I totally forgot about the shore traffic! And for some reason in NJ I think the use of the blinker signal has become of thing of the past and NO ONE USES THEM!!! I can't tell you how many times in the span of a mile we were cut off!! And to top it off I had my hazards on so people might stay away from me!!! Each time I jammed on my breaks I would hear a yelp from the back that would make me freak because I thought something happened to the cake! Needless to say, we arrived at our destination and the clients loved the cake!!!

Now, as you may recall back in June we did a little cake pop giveaway down in Ocean Grove, NJ to let people sample some of my yummy-licious cakes! As it turns out, people really liked the cakes pops! It didn't occur to me that people might order them! I was quite excited about it! It was fun to make some for the 4th of July, I provided the pops and the client provided the holders for them:

What we found funny was, the cake pops were ordered for the kids and it turned out the only 1 kid got them...The rest were eaten by the adults!

How many of you followed the World Cup? It was pretty good, lots of drama and theatrics, most of all bad calls from the Refs!! I digress, if you followed you would have heard the news about Paulie the Octopus (it's really Paul the Octopus, but I think Paulie is better) from Germany. Basically he was a clairvoyant of the world cup soccer games! To celebrate the games we held a competition to see if Paulie the Octopus was right. If they contestants guessed the winner of the World Cup Final the top 3 contestants would win a dozen free cake pops. Turns out all but 2 entrants guessed correctly!!! In case you were wondering, Spain won and Paulie the Octopus was RIGHT!!! So I made some cake pops using the color of Spain's national flag:

Well my vivacious cakers that's all for now! I will blog more later in the week! Enjoy your week and remember to enjoy a sweet or two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment